Thursday, January 23, 2014

Recipe: "Funfetti" Protein Mug Cake

Who doesn't love cake? I LOVE me some cake. Here's a healthy little treat that I like to whip up when I'm craving something sweet. "Funfetti" protein mug cake with blueberry cake batter frosting. 


1sc. Cake Batter Whey (I used Cellucor's Cor-fetti Cake Batter!)
2 egg whites 
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp green yogurt (I used Dannon light and fit Greek Blend Blueberry)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
optional: a dash of sugar free sweetener of your choice

Directions: In a small bowl, set aside 1/4 of your scoop of cake bater whey.  In a mug, mix together all remaining ingredients. Microwave for 1.5 - 2 minutes. For the icing, mix together about a tsp of greek yogurt (again, used the Dannon light and fit Greek Blueberry), a few drops of almond milk, and the 1/4 scoop of cake batter whey. Keep in mind, this is is a healthy protein mug cake...it's not going to taste exactly like a cake made with your usual ingredients! The texture is a bit more spongey. STILL....this is delicious and super easy! 


I really need to start measuring more exactly when I bake...I'm great at the whole "a little bit of this, a little bit of that" stuff! My estimated macros for this mug cake, including the frosting, are listed below! :)


~142 Calories
~1.1g Fat
~4.2g Carbs
~2.2g Sugar
~25.8g Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any rude, negative or inappropriate content will be removed :)